Secretarial Audit ServicesSecretarial Audit has become increasingly important in ensuring the compliance of corporate entities with various statutory regulations. It not only protects top management from unnecessary hassles but also plays a vital role in compliance. Our firm provides comprehensive Secretarial Audit services to help companies meet their regulatory obligations and streamline their operations.
Types of Secretarial Audit
- Secretarial Audit for Listed Companies: As directed by SEBI, listed companies must undergo secretarial audits. This audit ensures reconciliation of total shares held in CDSL, NSDL, and physical form with the issued and listed capital of companies.
- Secretarial Audit for Public Unlisted Companies: Public unlisted companies are required to conduct audits, particularly if notices are delivered from ROC or other authorities. The audit comments on the company's proceedings, compliance with relevant acts, and presents adverse comments if necessary.
- Secretarial Audit for Private Limited Companies: Similar to public unlisted companies, private limited companies should undergo yearly audits, commenting on their proceedings and compliance with relevant acts.
- Corporate Governance Audit of Central Public Sector Undertakings: Central public sector enterprises are required to follow corporate governance guidelines. The audit ensures proper implementation of these guidelines to protect the interests of shareholders and stakeholders.
- Due Diligence Report for Banks: Banks need a due diligence report to ensure compliance with statutory prescriptions. The report is provided by professionals, preferably Company Secretaries, as per RBI compliance standards.
- Stock Brokers Audit: Stockbrokers must undergo internal audits on a half-yearly basis to ensure compliance with SEBI regulations. This audit covers areas like prevention of money laundering, investor grievances, handling mechanisms, and more.